The Criminal Justice Group provides an expert focus for social workers who have an interest in criminal/youth justice.
There are various opportunities for continuous professional development for members and to expand the knowledge base in this domain. For example, the group often coordinates replies to government criminal justice consultations and on occasion members have attended All Party Parliamentary Groups and commissions and inquiries. We offer advice/guidance to members on new developments such as the establishment of Secure Colleges.
We work in partnership with other organisations such as the Howard League, The Centre for Crime and Justice Studies, Article 39, The National Association for Youth Justice and others in a campaign calling for the government to raise the age of criminal responsibility. Finally, we liaise with the other BASW England subgroups such as the Children and Families, Mental Health and Adults subgroups where there are overlapping areas of interest.
Email email@example.com for more information about how to get involved.
- The current state of youth justice
- BASW England Criminal Justice Group & PACT event
- A discussion with John Crilly: BASW England Criminal Justice Group
- BASW Criminal Justice Group writes to MPs
- Girls in the criminal justice system
- Let's talk social work podcast: Criminal justice social work (Spotify) (Apple podcasts)
- BASW Criminal Justice Group Event: "Youth justice: the forgotten social work space"
- BASW England Criminal Justice Group event | Introducing the Youth Endowment Fund (YEF) Toolkit - 20.06.23
- BASW England Criminal Justice group presentation- Leanne Manning- Children Heard and Seen 15.08.23
BASW England Criminal Justice group open letter for urgent Government action to prevent crises in the children's secure estate - October 2023.