BASW employment vacancies
Are you interested in becoming a BASW Student Ambassador?
BASW Student Ambassadors link social work students and the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) together so that we can hear the voices of students and build understanding of the support BASW offers.
The scheme is co-produced between BASW, current students, University programmes and the BASW UK student and NQSW group.
BASW Council, the governing body of the Association, is currently seeking nominations for the following roles: -
- 1 x Honorary Officer – Chair (view the dedicated page for the BASW Chair vacancy)
- 1 x Honorary Officer – Vice-Chair
- 1 x Elected Director - Policy Ethics & Human Rights Committee Chair
- 1 x Elected Director - International Committee Chair
- 1 x Elected Director
Applications are now invited for membership of the International Committee
Applications are particularly welcome from members who have an interest in international social work, or who have experience of working in other countries, or knowledge of supporting the delivery on international social work services, research or education. Successful candidates will normally serve for a two-year period which can be extended for a further two-year period.
Applications are now invited for membership of the Policy Ethics and Human Rights (PEHR) Committee.
PEHR’s main role is to advise BASW Council when developing policies and position statements to ensure that they promote respect for human rights and are consistent with BASW’s Code of Ethics. We warmly welcome diverse perspectives in accomplishing this important task.
Seeking members with the skills, enthusiasm and commitment to take BASW forward.
Are you a SASW member who would like to play a more active role in Professional Social Work magazine? We’re looking for a Scotland member to join PSW’s editorial board. You don’t need to have knowledge of publishing – the role of the board is to advise and support the editor on the content and direction of the magazine and monitor its quality.
The BASW employee mission
To champion social work and its values, supporting our members, and social workers UK-wide to thrive.
- BASW expects that all employees are treated with respect and courtesy.
- BASW acknowledge people’s differences as strengths.
- BASW is committed to maintaining a supportive and welcoming environment in which employees and members can work together to ensure the effective and professional representation of social work and deliver excellent service to, and for, members.
- BASW is committed to the highest standards of integrity with regard to our consistency in our actions, values, methods and principles.
Why work for us?
BASW work is interesting – working to champion social work and its values, supporting our members, and social workers UK-wide to thrive.
- BASW offers a competitive salary for employees as well as a generous pension scheme.
- BASW offers home / hybrid working as well as traditional office base (dependent on role) and is open to flexible working patterns.
- BASW is committed to inclusion and equality.
- BASW contributes to the BHSF health scheme for its employees.
- BASW employees can expect a generous holiday allowance as well as additional days/statutory bank holidays.
- BASW encourages all employees to contribute as fully as possible to BASW’s successful operation and share their individual ideas and experience and thereby create an efficient, satisfying and enjoyable place to work.