Your BASW membership will be due for renewal after each year of membership.
If you pay by monthly direct debit and your circumstances are unchanged you do not need to do anything, your BASW membership will renew automatically.
If your circumstances are different please contact the membership team to let us know so that we can update your details.
Alternatively, call the membership team on 0121 622 8401 / 8406 to pay by credit or debit card.
Switch to direct debit and pay monthly – call us with your account details to hand on 0121 622 8405. Or, complete the direct debit mandate and return to us in the post.
Changes to your circumstances – make sure you’re protected
If your circumstances have changed, contact us to review your category for the forthcoming membership year.
- Please let us know immediately if the membership category description on the subscriptions page does not reflect your circumstances. Please note changes are only available from the time of notification and not retrospectively.
- If you are retiring, you may be eligible to move to our retired category. Please call us to discuss your options.
- If you are newly qualified but haven’t found employment, contact us to discuss extending your student rate until you find work, up to twelve months. Do let us know if you’re continuing your studies and we’ll amend your membership category for the new membership year.
Changes to personal or work contact details
Social Workers Union (SWU)
- If you would like to take up the opportunity to become part of SWU’s growing union, you can find out more here or call the SWU team on 0121 622 8413 / 8418 to opt in.
- If you are a SWU member and your work details have changed recently, do let us know by emailing email@example.com your membership number, new role, organisation and address, or update your details online in the Member Home area.
Proof of Insurance
When you renew your membership, your insurance will also renew. For working category membership, your new verification of insurance will be available from 31 October. New insurance certificates will be emailed to working category members on or slightly before 31 October, so please do check your contact details are up to date.
Claim tax back on your membership subscription
If you are a UK tax payer and pay for your BASW membership fee yourself, you can claim tax relief on professional association membership subscriptions. You can claim up to four years’ subscription fees. Find out more on the HM Revenue & Customs website. If you make a claim using SRS Ltd’s service, the company will pay £10 to the Social Workers’ Benevolent Trust. Please be aware BASW is listed as Social Workers British Association of on the HMRC website. (Terms and conditions apply)
How to get in touch
- Call the Membership Team on 0121 622 8401 / 8405 / 8406
- Contact us here quoting your membership number