The Social Workers in Health Group membership comprises BASW members, Experts by Experience and co-opted members with a specific specialism relevant to the group.
The Chair of the group is Angie Button. Angie is an experienced social worker with over two decades of experience of working in a variety of areas, including Adult Care Management teams and Older People Community Mental Health. Angie, qualified as an Approved Social Worker and is also a Practice Educator. In more recent years Angie has been a social work lead for a social enterprise mental health organisation and is now a lecturer in social work at the University of Hull. Angie is passionate about promoting understanding of the role of social workers and gaining equity in terms of CPD and career progression for social workers in health organisations.
The group provides regular, peer support forums for members (see our events page) and has key areas they wish to focus on:
- Promoting parity of esteem for career progression and CPD
- Identify ways of maintaining social work identity
- Engaging partners to improve understanding and awareness of the role and value of social workers in health organisations
- Providing opportunities for social workers to explore their experiences of working within health organisations and provide peer support to each other
For more information about the group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- An introduction to NICE, what we do and how NICE can support social workers practice and CPD. Recording of an open forum delivered by Jade Stacey - Implementation facilitator in the NICE field team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7xAkGi5pz4